Duke of Edinburgh's Award (DofE)
Highbury Fields School Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme
The school offers pupils the opportunity to take part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at Bronze and Silver level, encouraging our pupils to develop a range of skills and build their confidence and resilience.
A DofE programme is a real adventure from beginning to end. It does not matter who you are or where you’re from. You will enjoy lots of new experiences, discover talents you never thought you had, challenge yourself and make new friends.
What will I get from doing The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award?
- Achieving an Award will give you skills, confidence and a view on life that employers, colleges and universities value highly.
- You are getting recognised for doing things you want to do (and may even be doing already).
- You will make a difference to other people’s lives and to your community, be fitter and healthier, make new friends and have memories to last you a lifetime. Above all, it's great fun
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is made up of 4 areas:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activity
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completing an expedition, including overnight camping and campsite cooking
View our DofE gallery by clicking this link Duke of Edinburgh's trip