Free School Meals
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals, please ensure you apply as soon as possible following the instructions below.
Benefits you will receive:
- Free school meal for your child each day
- Reduced music instrumental tuition fees
- Discounts on some school trips
- Bursaries in the sixth form
- The school receives additional funding, which benefits all students
How do you know if you are eligible for free school meals?
Children are entitled to receive free school meals if they or their parents or guardians receive any of the benefits below:
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
How to apply for free school meals using the on-line application form
You must apply for free school meals by logging on to the citizens’ portal: https://www.islington.gov.uk/children-and-families/benefits-and-financial-support/free-school-meals-and-uniform-grant
How to use the Citizens’ Portal
Go to the ‘Citizens’ Portal User Journey Guide’ for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Citizens Portal and to apply for free school meals. You must have a working e-mail address to use the Citizens Portal. Please contact the school office if you do not have an e-mail address and need help setting one up or if you need access to the internet.