WHAT IS STUDENT LEADERSHIP?
At Highbury Fields, we are extremely ambitious for our students. We want to develop students to become confident young women who can achieve their aspirations. We achieve this by supporting students to achieve excellent academic outcomes, but also to develop their leadership skills.
To support the development of leadership skills, we have three student leadership roles at the school:
- The Sixth Form Prefect Team, led by Head Girls and their deputies
- Two Student Leaders in each year group from Y7-Y12
- Form Captains
Student leaders play an active role in the school community, helping to ensure that all students at Highbury Fields are able to enjoy their time at school.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS DO STUDENT LEADERS AT HIGHBURY FIELDS DEMONSTRATE?
Student Leaders at Highbury Fields demonstrate the following characteristics:
- A willingness and desire to contribute positively to our school community
- Exemplified the school’s values of respect, tolerance and community
- Excellent attendance and commitment to school
- A motivation to improve their own leadership skills
- Courage to take on a role of responsibility and speak publicly in front of the student body
- An ability to liaise and communicate effectively with school staff, students and the wider community