Edmodo is a web-based platform that provides a safe and easy way for students to collaborate, share content, and access homework. It is like Facebook but in a safe and controlled environment appropriate for school.
How teachers use Edmodo?
- Place digital resources on Edmodo for students to access or download.
- Create polls for students to vote online.
- Write short summaries of lessons for students who were absent from class.
- Post homework information.
What is it that makes Edmodo class a secure environment?
Edmodo explicitly deals with school and teacher concerns about social networking for students in the following ways:
- Each Edmodo class group is managed and controlled by the teacher.
- Students need an access code to join the class. If a student shares the code outside the class, the teacher can change it, without affecting students already joined in the group.
- Students can only communicate to the whole class or to the teacher – private messages between students are not possible.
- Anonymous posting is not possible.
How students use Edmodo?
Edmodo Backpack is like a virtual flash drive. As a student, you can store an unlimited amount of files and links to your Backpack. You can attach items from your Backpack to Posts or Assignments. There is a 100 MB per upload limit, but the overall storage available is unlimited.
To access Edmodo, please click here.